[SunHELP] FCO #A0089-1 only on five-bladed fans?

Fletcher, Joe sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 26 09:05:26 CDT 2001

I have resurrected those brushless fan motors through judicious application
of small amounts of light oil on the spindles. Usually there's a label over
the end of the spindle which you can remove to reveal a circlip. Pop this
and the unit comes apart. Oil the spindle and bearings and re-assemble. Some
units use sealed bearings in which case you could be stuffed. Look and
learn.

Cheers

Joe