[SunHELP] Unable to mount a Solaris CD ROM

Phil Hughes sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 26 07:37:48 CDT 2001

Hi,

I am trying to install Oracle Enterprise 8.0.5 on my Sun Ultra-5 server -
running Solaris 2.6

Each time I use the File Manager to access the CDROM in the drive, I see
files listed from an earlier CD ROM. How do I refresh the CDROM. I have
tried mounting the CD ROM using:

# mount -F nfs -o ro /dev /dsk/c1d0s2  /cdrom

and I receive the following message:

 nfs  mount: nfs file system; use host:path

which I do not understand. Can you recommend somewhere where I can learn how
to mount / unmount CD's or any info on installing applications on Solaris
servers.   I ran the  #cat /dev/vfstab to identify the CDROM dsk info.

Thanks,
Phil

Phil Hughes
Headstrong