[SunHELP] 50NS Memory...

Michael Vang sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 26 00:51:43 CDT 2001

I've installed 4 sticks of 50NS RAM in my Ultra 5, but it shows up as
60NS... Is this because my particular system doesn't support 50NS (I know
some Ultra 5s do...) or because I need to change a setting? My motherboard
is part number 370-0009 and it has a 270MHZ UltraSPARC IIi on it...

Motherboard:
http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick/sunshack/data/feh/1.5/wcd00000/wcd00062.ht

CPU:
http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick/sunshack/data/feh/1.5/wcd00008/wcd00878.ht

Also, I've read that having 4 identical sticks will improve performance...
Is this also a setting that needs to be enables or is it automatic?

Here is a thread I've posted at my favorite message board about my
experience with my "new" Sun:
http://arstechnica.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=96509133&m=
1470976232

And here is another thread on USENET:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&safe=off&th=a6cbd098001aaa49,15

Any comments are appreciated! I have billions and billions of questions but
I want to make sure I research them first lest I become a newbie pest...

Mike