[SunHELP] Telnet from sun to windows2000

Rahul S sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 25 19:10:08 CDT 2001

Hi All,
I'm running telnet server on Windows2000 server.I'm
able to connect to this machine by excuting the
command:
#telnet xyz(machine name)
but when i give :
#telnet xyz(machine name) 23(port) its not going.its
taking min to type administrator and after that it
just freeze there and if after 2-3 min i press enter
its giving time out.
but if i telnet from windows to windows by specifying
the port its working fine...
I run the netmon on windows2000 server to see the
trafic....its is showing that machine has got a
request on port 23 dst 55415 but its not going back
from source 55415 to dst 23..but its fine if i do
telnet from windows machine.
I'll appreciate ur kind suggestion...
Thanx a lot