[SunHELP] Software Inventory on Solaris

Sreenivasa Rao Vadalasetty sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 20 20:37:33 CDT 2001

Dear Solaris Admins, Is there an easy way of doing software inventory on
Solaris? I feel it is tedious in Solaris as the software is not always
installed in package format. If it is installed only in form of packages, I
am sure /var/sadm/install/contents is more than what you need to look at.

 Please share your way of achieving this. Let me know if there are any free
products available with source code for me to customize it. I have checked
the net to see some commercial products such as HP OpenView.

TIA,
Sreenivas.

This message is confidential and may also be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately.  You should not copy it or use it for any purpose, not disclose its contents to any other person.  The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the author's own and may not reflect the views and opinions of Wilco International