[SunHELP] no hostname (unknown)

J P sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 17 15:55:48 CDT 2001

When doing a standalone install of Solaris 2.8 I did
not select a Name service (well, I selected none
actually), now the box hostname is unknown.....  How
do I fix this?  It is getting an ip by DHCP, and i
entered the name in /etc/hosts, and /etc/net/ti* (all
the hosts files below those directories) and still no
hostname.  What am I missing?  Have I not "turned"
something on?  Do I HAVE to point to a dns server?

Thanks!
Peer