[SunHELP] patch for nvidia driver

Andrew Vendryes sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 17 13:59:13 CDT 2001

At 05:39 PM 2001-07-16 -0700, babak daneshpajoh wrote:

>but now i change my display adaptor and download
>patch 109401-09 for update drivers and it do not work
>with nvidia riva 32m mentioned in kdmconfig.
>patch file you said 110959-01 is for intel 810
>chipset but i am going to add it to my solaris.
>may be correct my problem.
>in the other hand i have searched for 109401-02
>patch file but i didnt find it.may be it is an old
>patch.

Try here:

http://sunsolve.sun.com/pub-cgi/show.pl?target=patches/patch-access
Enter 109401-09 & follow the links to download the other.

Go here & uncheck the Solaris 7 patches & download & install the rest:
http://access1.sun.com/patch.public/cgi-bin/show_list.cgi/unb/Solaris_x86_In
tel_Drivers

You should also check that you are at MU3 or later.

If all else fails try a "real" 32MB NVIDIA TNT2 card like the Dimond Viper
V770 (which is the one I use & which works quite well).

Apparently the only purpose of the M64 was to provide a low-cost 32MB card.
It only provides a 64-bit wide frame buffer, whereas the others use a
128-bit frame buffer.

HTH

--
Andrew