[SunHELP] Compiling 64 bit code on Solaris 8 using gcc.

Ajit P. Datey sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 16 14:17:03 CDT 2001

Hi! I have a SUN E450 with Solaris 8 installed on it. I used "iasinfo -b" to
confirm that I am running a 64bit kernel. I tried to compile "lsof" utility
using gcc as well as egcs. Both times I got a warning saying that "This
compiler does not support compilation of 64 bit code. Compiling lsof as 32
bit.". Am I missing something. Are there any pkgs/modules/libraries etc
which I need to install from the Solaris 8 cd before this goes through? I
don't want to use the precompiled version of lsof because it has the
security option turned off.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Regards