[SunHELP] NFS problem while automounting on client side

Senthilkumar Rajaratnam sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 16 08:11:28 CDT 2001

I have NFS srver HP-UX 10.2  & I have NFS client Solaris 2.6.
I am using automount daemon on NFS client to mount the dir from NFS
server.
     Initially on NFS client side the permission for local mount say
/usr1 was 755. when I reboot the client OR when restart the automountd
daemon,the permission of /usr1 becomes 555.If I tried to check the
contents of /usr1,it says that permission denied since the permission
becomes 555.By this I not able to get my files .
     If I use /usr/sbin/automountd -v on client side,it says /usr1 is
mounted.While checking the contents of /usr1,it says permission denied
since the permission becomes 555.Is there any solution to solve my
problem.

regards
senthil kumar