[SunHELP] E-250 and invalid IDPROM contents

Frank Carreiro sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Jul 14 13:11:52 CDT 2001

Well.. as fate would have it we experienced a power outtage (no I'm not
in california ::grinz::).  The UPS of course failed to kick in and now
the e-250 upon boot up gives me the following message:

"The IDPROM contents are invalid - RSC MAC UPDATE FAILED"

---

As I understand it the openboot system is unable to determine what the
local mac address of the on-board 10/100 nic.  I'm curious if there is
anything I can do at this point.  I tried STOP-A N to reset the NVRAM
however that made no difference.  Any thoughts?

BTW, I can ping "some" systems on my network and pull down email from
our email server.  Other systems I cannot communicate with at all.  Very
bizzare.

Thx

Frank