[SunHELP] HELP FR SUNBLADE1K!!!

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 12 21:07:12 CDT 2001

when i tried to boot thru an Solaris OS 8 CD in order
to do an "fsck" i get the error message
"boot:cannot open kernel/sparcv9/unix
Enter file name [kernel/sparcv9/unix]: "
This message appears after it goes to the CD device
"boot device:/pci at 8,70000 ..... /disk at 6,0:f"

I was receiving a similiar error message when trying to load a SUN E420R
with Solaris 2.6.
After talking with SUN support I was informed that for that particular
platform I would have to start the Solaris installation with a CD titled
"Operating Environment Installation CD February 2000".  After finding this
CD I was then able to proceed as normal......  boot cdrom......  part way
through the install you will be prompted for the Solaris CD.

HTH,

Duke