[SunHELP] PPTP for Solaris

Lund, Dennis sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 11 09:03:05 CDT 2001

------_=_NextPart_001_01C10A12.348F4C20

Back in May Bill asked if anybody knew of a PPTP/VPN client for Solaris.
The only answer I saw suggested he stick with IPSec (not an option for me),
or use some MS-chap modification.  I am also looking for a PPTP
client for Solaris.  I have been searching the web and find lots of stuff
for Linux, but very little for Solaris.

I have found "PoPToP" that supposedly has ports to Solaris, but have not
been able to find them.

I would like to get something working as I really HATE using my PC
(Microscrap) to VPN.  Windows hang and connections have to be closed
and re-opened when running simple commands such as "more".

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dennis L. Lund

- - - - - - - Appended by Scientific-Atlanta, Inc. - - - - - - -
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:

------_=_NextPart_001_01C10A12.348F4C20

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>PPTP for Solaris</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Back in May Bill asked if anybody knew of a PPTP/VPN clie=
nt for Solaris.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>The only answer I saw suggested he stick with IPSec (not=
 an option for me), or use some MS-chap modification.  I am also looki=
ng for a PPTP</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>client for Solaris.  I have been searching the web a=
nd find lots of stuff</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>for Linux, but very little for Solaris.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I have found "PoPToP" that supposedly has ports=
 to Solaris, but have not</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>been able to find them.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I would like to get something working as I really HATE us=
ing my PC</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>(Microscrap) to VPN.  Windows hang and connections =
have to be closed</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>and re-opened when running simple commands such as &quot=
;more".</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Any help would be appreciated.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Dennis L. Lund</FONT>
</P>

<CODE><FONT SIZE=3D3><BR>
<BR>
amily: Times New Roman; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-=
US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"><BR>
- - - - - - - Appended by Scientific-Atlanta, Inc. - - - - - - -<BR>
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:EN-US=
;mso-fareast-language:<BR>
EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA"></span><font face=3D"Times New Roman" size=
=3D"3"><span style=3D"mso-fareast-font-family:Times New Roman; mso-ansi-lan=
guage: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">This e=
-mail and any attachments may contain information which is confidential, pr=
oprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is sol=
ely intended for the named addressee (or a person responsible for deliverin=
g it to the addressee). If you are not the intended recipient of this messa=
ge, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this=
 message or any part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error, plea=
se notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your c=
</FONT></CODE></BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C10A12.348F4C20--