[SunHELP] Error Codes

Tom Stockton sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 10 11:12:12 CDT 2001

|Can someone explain me what the different error codes mean.Sometimes i get
|error code 2 and sometimes I get error code 3 .I am just curious to know
|what the different error codes mean.

As a wild guess I'm going for patch errors

#               0       No error
#               1       Usage error
#               2       Attempt to apply a patch that's already been applied
#               3       Effective UID is not root
#               4       Attempt to save original files failed
#               5       pkgadd failed
#               6       Patch is obsoleted
#               7       Invalid package directory
#               8       Attempting to patch a package that is not installed
#               9       Cannot access /usr/sbin/pkgadd (client problem)
#               10      Package validation errors
#               11      Error adding patch to root template
#               12      Patch script terminated due to signal
#               13      Symbolic link included in patch
#               14      NOT USED
#               15      The prepatch script had a return code other than 0.
#               16      The postpatch script had a return code other than 0.
#               17      Mismatch of the -d option between a previous patch
#                       install and the current one.
#               18      Not enough space in the file systems that are targets
#                       of the patch.
#               19      $SOFTINFO/INST_RELEASE file not found
#               20      A direct instance patch was required but not found
#               21      The required patches have not been installed on the
manager
#               22      A progressive instance patch was required but not found
#               23      A restricted patch is already applied to the package
#               24      An incompatible patch is applied
#               25      A required patch is not applied
#               26      The user specified backout data can't be found
#               27      The relative directory supplied can't be found
#               28      A pkginfo file is corrupt or missing
#               29      Bad patch ID format
#               30      Dryrun failure(s)
#               31      Path given for -C option is invalid
#               32      Must be running Solaris 2.6 or greater
#               33      Bad formatted patch file or patch file not found
#               34  The appropriate kernel jumbo patch needs to be installed
#