[SunHELP] query on sendmail

TAG DBA sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 10 06:32:04 CDT 2001

I am a Oracle DBA doubling up as a System administrator for a new E450 =
Solaris 8 server. Am trying my best to setup the machine properly - =
reading lots of books and faq's that I can put my hands on.
Have been trying to set up sendmail - and keep getting this message :

sendmail[382]: [ID 702911 mail.crit] My unqualified host name (surya) =
unknow
n; sleeping for retry

I want to know why this error comes up - I mean whats it that I can set =
in sendmail.cf that will help stop this error from popping up. =
Unfortunately our librarian informs that  the book "Sendmail" by OReilly =
which we had till some time back is lost - hence am quite lost.
Would be gald if someone can help me.(Currently downloading the sendmail =
faq from sendmail.org)
Thanks and Regards,
~aslam