[SunHELP] inetd dies, now what?!

Michael Marziani sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 6 15:32:28 CDT 2001

Suddenly telnet and ftp services stopped responding, yet an nmap shows that
many other services are still running on the system.  I am a bit new to Sun
420R servers and have tried connecting a serial cable to serial A and B with
8/n/1 9600 flow control RTS/CTS VT100 but to no avail.  So I have no console
access (no video card either, btw) and no remote access.  Any thoughts on
how to get inetd back up and running?  Am I connecting the serial cable
wrong?  I checked docs.sun.com but found no useful information (as usual).

Thanks for assistance.

-Mike