[SunHELP] unmount / filesystem

Low, Adam sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 6 06:38:53 CDT 2001

Yep, thats right, a Solaris box needs a file system to run the =
operating system, if you unmount that filesystem the operating system =
cant operate and therefore you need to boot from another device =
(CD/floppy/other drive) which has its own independent file system.

To be honest I'm having trouble understanding why you would want to do =
this anyway ?

Adam

http://www.hotmail.com.

SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org