[SunHELP] TIP Problem over solaris 2.6

Manish Oberai (EHPT) sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 5 01:15:27 CDT 2001

------_=_NextPart_001_01C10519.E2B182D0

Hi All

     I have Solaris 2.6 running over Ultra-10 machine. I have configured a
modem for dial-out. I use tip to connect to the modem and dial out. The
problem is that line gets disconnected very fast, and leaves the port into
hung state, resulting the tip session gets stuck. I am not able to give any
commands to the modem again.

The only option I have to close the shell, but doing that also doesn't help.
When again I try to connect to the modem using tip, fails. Is there any way
to fix it. Is there any software like "Kermit" on Solaris for this kind of
dial-out activity.

Secondly I want once I am connected to the dialed number I should be able to
ping one of the machines in the dialed network, which is also not happening.
What all configuration I have to do to make it happen.

Please respond, your suggestions would be a great help.

Manish

------_=_NextPart_001_01C10519.E2B182D0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>TIP Problem over solaris 2.6</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hi All</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">     I have =
Solaris 2.6 running over Ultra-10 machine. I have configured a modem =
for dial-out. I use tip to connect to the modem and dial out. The =
problem is that line gets disconnected very fast, and leaves the port =
into hung state, resulting the tip session gets stuck. I am not able to =
give any commands to the modem again. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The only option I have to close the =
shell, but doing that also doesn't help. When again I try to connect to =
the modem using tip, fails. Is there any way to fix it. Is there any =
software like "Kermit" on Solaris for this kind of dial-out =
activity.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Secondly I want once I am connected to =
the dialed number I should be able to ping one of the machines in the =
dialed network, which is also not happening. What all configuration I =
have to do to make it happen.</FONT></P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Please respond, your suggestions would =
be a great help.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Manish </FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C10519.E2B182D0--