[SunHELP] Do you need to break the mirror when replacing a ba d hard drive ?

Low, Adam sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 4 06:00:09 CDT 2001

I believe its a minimum of two metadb's required to keep the machine running and as most of the time you would put two per drive this shouldnt be an issue.

If you have the minimum you should be able to de-attach the second meta device and remove it from the chassis (depending on hardware support for hot swap). Although from my experience this has always resulted in something screwing up and me losing the machine, dont let that put you off though its probaly just my fat fingers.

Cheers,
Adam