[SunHELP] [Q] how to setup external disk as bootable disk?

L sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 2 14:22:19 CDT 2001

We have SUN Sparc 5 with Solaris 2.6 installed.  This computer has one 1GB
internal hard disk (SCSI ID 3) and external 4 GB hard disk (SCSI ID 5).  I
used "ufsdummp and ufsrestore" duplicate image from internal hsik to
external disk. and also use "installboot" make this external disk
bootable.  After I reboot the system and use "devalias" to check.  There
have "disk0, disk1, disk2,disk3", but NO "disk5" (relate to external HD).

If I type "boot /iommu/sbus/..../sd at 5,0", it will boot up correctly.
Does their has way I can make this external hard disk (SCSI 5) bott as
default partition?

Thanks.