R: [SunHELP] Firewall1

giorgio sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 28 11:42:56 CST 2001

Yes I have,
for the first question dipends on how You are going to use the firewall,the
more policies you are going to install and more cpu intensive it's going to
be the firewall.If you apply CVP it's even orse.Personally i have worked on
a cluster of firewall-1 whith easy life heartbeat product on two ultra2
machine and it went very fine for a lan of over 1000 machines and 2 Mb
bandwidth to the nternet.
The firewall one hasen't got the support for the multiprocessors and for the
64 bit kernel, so it isn't useful to have a killer machine.
What it's good to have it's a lot of ram.Whith 512 mb you shoul be fine.
In every case if you want a more detailed help you should give more detailed
information:)))

For question two the answer it's :
Yes,you can have a separate gui:)
The firewall1 comes (at least in the single gateway configuration) whith two
server modeules installed on the gateway (firewall machine) you are
using.The management module and the fw module.Whitjh the gui you connect to
the management which connects to the firewall.
In my opinion,You should buy the enterprise Fw1, have the gui and the
management  on the same machine and the firewall on the gateway.

The management and the gui I strongly advise you to put them on a windows nt
machine, otherwise you will have to pay for the guy and it will never work
well since it's a port (not very well done) to the motif world.

Hope I helped You
Giorgio
Ps.: Sorry for the english:)