[SunHELP] Firewall1

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Feb 27 20:27:41 CST 2001

We've got an Ultra 1 running FW-1.  It's been fine with
approx 4000 machines behind it.

You can use the GUI tools remotely on a Windows
workstations.

Using the log viewer is a bit of a pain.  This is where I
could use a lot more horsepower.  We get in the
neighborhood of 1.5 million log entries per weekday, less
on the weekends.

We have a monitor on the machine, but I can't see why you
can't run w/o it.  Well I guess for the fact that we have
it setup so you can't even telnet into it.  So we have to
have our console.

Edward Chase
Providence College
Computer Services Department

> I have an Ultra2 I'm thinking about loading FW1 on.  Does
anyone have
> experience with this?  How is the performance?  Can FW1
run on a headless