[SunHELP] Re: [Rumors] SunBlade 100 Page is up!!

Dale Ghent sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Feb 27 10:20:39 CST 2001

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Chris Petersen wrote:

| Next question:  Is the Sun Blade 100 just replacing Ultra 5s, and can we
| expect an Ultra 10 replacement as well??  Hmm....

I doubt it. The Ultra 10 used the same motherboard as the 5, only it has a
bigger case to accomodate the (now discontinued?) Creator3D
full-length cards which wouldnt fit in the U5 case. The only other
advantage was additional 5.25" bays.

Since the Blade 100 has 3D capability with the Elite3D-Lite, I see the
biggest reason for having a Ultra10 replacment removed. And there really
isnt much use for an additional 5:25" bay.

/dale