[SunHELP] Sun Monitor

Bob Minvielle sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sun Feb 25 12:43:41 CST 2001

A note on this:

Fred at Data Instruments has a converter
that works. (link on the sunhelp recommended
vendors page). You should have a monitor
that can do sun resolutions, though. Most
modern monitors will, anything in the Sony
class should work. At least getting this
and testing is still cheaper than the
shipping costs mentiond below. I bought one
from him and it works perfectly, unlike
the imitation one I got from ebay.

Note to original msg... Sun keyboards
and mice are dirt cheap. You can get a
setup for less than a good keyboard/mouse
combo for a PC at your local PC shop (IMHO,
those new PC KB/mice are expensive).

>Message: 6
>Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 03:22:16 -0500
>From: "Tige D. Chastain" <tigechastain at home.com>
>To: sunhelp at sunhelp.org
>Subject: Re: [SunHELP] Sun monitor
>

>The connector for the Sun video is 13W3 format, a
>proprietary Sun
>interface.  There are PC monitor converters for
>keyboards/mice and
>monitors if that is the road you wish to take.  You
>can find them on
>Ebay.  A word of caution - if you get an adapter,
make >sure it has dip
>switches for the video resolution, as Sun can be
>specific for what
>resolution your monitor will run at.  You also want
to >make sure it is
>Male 13W3/Female DB15.  Don't make the mistake I did
>and get a Female
>13W3/Male DB15.

=====
Bob (number9)