[SunHELP] ufsdump options

Luster, Ed -CIV sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 21 17:25:54 CST 2001

------_=_NextPart_001_01C09C5D.A2DCE110

Recently received a  SUN server does not have a local tape drive, so I'm
trying to backup to a remote System(HP with a DDS1 tape drive).

Below is the  command I used to perform the backup. The backup aborts with
an error indicating that the tape is too short.

However the dump command indicates that it will only consume less than .01
of the tape.

If someone know the correct values for the "s" and "b" options, If would
much appreciated.

If have checked the SUN Web(System Adm Vol 1 and II) and MAN pages without
much success.

Command:  ufsdump 0vbsf 126 72701 hphost:/dev/rmt/hp_tape_drive
/Sun_Filesystem

						Ed

------_=_NextPart_001_01C09C5D.A2DCE110

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>ufsdump options</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Recently received a  SUN server =
does not have a local tape drive, so I'm trying to backup to a remote =
System(HP with a DDS1 tape drive).</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Below is the  command I used to =
perform the backup. The backup aborts with an error indicating that the =
tape is too short.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">However the dump command indicates =
that it will only consume less than .01 of the tape.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">If someone know the correct values for =
the "s" and "b" options, If would much =
appreciated.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">If have checked the SUN Web(System Adm =
Vol 1 and II) and MAN pages without much success.</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Command:  ufsdump 0vbsf 126 72701 =
hphost:/dev/rmt/hp_tape_drive /Sun_Filesystem</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P>        =
        =