[SunHELP] a config option to disable the break signal for solaris 7 sparc

Magnus Abrante sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Feb 19 10:20:24 CST 2001

> is there an option I can set which disbales the
> solaris 7 break signal.
> I son't want the sparc box to go to the prom
> mode each time it recieves a break signal.

The best thing to do here is to enable alternate break, this disables
the ordinary break-signal, but you can still do break by pressing
"CR + ~ + CTRL-B".

To enable alternate break you edit /etc/default/kbd  and uncomment
the line KEYBOARD_ABORT=alternate

If you want to disable keyboard abort totaly you can do so by uncomment
the line KEYBOARD_ABORT=disable in /etc/default/kbd .

After editing the default file you should run /usr/bin/kbd -i to re-read it,
othervise it wont work til next reboot.

regards,

        //Magnus Abrante
/* This is my opinion and not the one of my empolyer */