[SunHELP] sendTo failure

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Feb 19 00:41:13 CST 2001

Hi,

I am using unix datagram sockets for communication between two processes. On
flooding the socket with n-number of messages/data I start getting a failure on
sendto. As far as I can understand the problem is that the socket queue are
completely filled up and hence the send fails. The socket entry in some system
table ( dunno much about this aspect ), marks an entry that the previous socket
sendto failed. Following this all the sendto fail because of this. What I see as
a possible solution is to close the socket and open/bind it again.
My querry is whether my solution as well as my understanding of the problem is
correct ? any inputs/pointers will be a great help. Does anybody knows any
other/better solution to this problem ? Please let me know.

regards
munish