[SunHELP] NVRAM setting for the ignorant

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Feb 17 03:13:09 CST 2001

NVRAM - editing boot settings. What are the PROM (Forth) commands for
permanently setting the disk type or alias on SparkyIPX type machines.
The faq was brilliant re IP/serial etc - and that all worked fine once done,
but I cannot find anything about permanently setting the type and location of
the scsi disk used for booting - this means one extra step when booting - <>n
into "new" mode and <boot disk> to continue the process.
If anyone can point me to on step-by-step editing for idiots I would be
grateful.