[SunHELP] Drive problem

Bob Minvielle sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Feb 16 14:47:13 CST 2001

I am assuming that I can not just stick any
old SCA 80 pin drive in my Ultra 1, is that
correct??

I have a Sun 2.1 gig quantum drive and I
took it out and placed a 4.5 Gig seagate
sca drive in its place... then I tried to load
solaris 8...

The boot prom "sees" it with a probe-scsi-all,
but when I go to laod solaris it tells me that
it can not find a hard drive. I have used this
drive before in a Sun Sparc 4 with no problems...

Do I have to purchase a "Sun" sca drive, or
can I just consider this one dead and purchase
any old sca drive??

Thanks.

=====
Bob (number9)