[SunHELP] Attach CD-ROM without reboot ?

Richard Skelton sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Feb 15 16:07:14 CST 2001

Hi Steffen,
Take a look at:-
ftp://ftp.wins.uva.nl/pub/solaris/solaris2.html#q3.16
If you're just adding a SCSI disk, you don't need to reboot. Run the following
script (as root):

#!/bin/sh
#
# add-disk
#
#       Runs the commands to make Solaris locate a new disk that
#       has been plugged in after the system was booted.
#

/usr/sbin/drvconfig
/usr/sbin/devlinks
/usr/sbin/disks                 # or /usr/sbin/tapes for tapes
/usr/ucb/ucblinks               # Compatibility links

exit 0

Note that this only works if you already have at least one SCSI disk on the
system. (This is because the above
just makes symbolic links and things, it does not load up the SCSI driver kernel
modules, etc.)