[SunHELP] SX & 24-bit color

Steve Wingate sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Feb 6 19:30:08 CST 2001

I have an SS20 with onboard SX video & an 8MB VSIMM. I also have a TurboGX
FB which I'm not using at the moment. I'd like to set 24-bit color as my
default. After looking through the frame buffer FAQ, I believe the command I
want is:

openwin -dev /dev/fb0 defdepth 24
openwin -dev /dev/fb0 /defclass TrueColor

However, the FAQ doesn't say which file this command has to be entered in,
or if I need both of those commands or just one. I've looked high and low
and I can't find the info I need. One thing I'll never complain about again
is too little documentation. There's too much to sift through unless you
know exactly what/where to look for it. Can someone shove me in the right
direction? TIA.