[SunHELP] Sparc 10 advice

The Archimage sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Feb 3 15:32:26 CST 2001

Hey Bob -

I think you should just scrap the Sparc 10.  I'll give you an address to
ship it to for disposal.  >grin<

Seriously, the ZX is a decent frame buffer, and you will see a slightly
more snappy response, along with greater color depth.  Me personally, I
don't know if I'd spend $175 for what will probably only be marginally
better performance, unless you are really attached to the Sparc 10.

I recently bought an Ultra1 with Creator 3D card for about $1000 off
eBay, and I probably didn't get that great a deal.  If you're going to
head down the performance path, the Sparc 10 is probably not the
platform to do it on.  Look for a cheap Ultra with a Creator card.

Just my two cents.  Hopefully someone on the list will provide
additional insight.

The Archimage