[SunHELP] Clustering question

Fletcher, Joe sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Feb 1 12:50:27 CST 2001

Can you narrow down the type of horsepower required? At the risk of speaking
sacrilege,
if it's primarily floating point then there are better things on the market
than SPARCs.
This presupposes you have a free hand in platform choice. Would a
distributed system based around a farm of Blades or Compaq DS10s do the job?
For heavy numerical work I tend to head straight for Alphas but that's just
my preference.