[SunHELP] StorEdge A3500 issue

Adekola, Adedapo sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Feb 1 06:19:37 CST 2001

Hi all,

I hope someone can help; I have an A3500 connected to an Sun E4500 via the
regular fibre channel cables connected to an SBUS slot, the E4500 boots up
via another connection to a D1000 box containing the mirrored boot disks.
The A3500 has a further 6 D1000 boxes connected to it.

The main problem is that at the 'ok' prompt with a "probe-fcal-all" the
system recognises the presence of the A3500 and the fibre channels, but once
the system is booted up the Raid manager 2.2 software complains with an
error saying it cannot locate any raid devices.

Has any one got knowledge or experienced this sort of problem before?

Dapo Adekola
Sun Team
Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Uk