[SunHELP] Need help setuid/setgid

Christopher Smiga sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 21:37:34 CST 2001

Ravi,

When you implemented the setuid/setgid tags to this file, did you also
implement the execute right (x) to the this file as well.

Example:
chmod 6755 /tmp/auto

-rwsr-sr-x   1 build    cm           640 Dec 27 19:09 /tmp/auto

The file that you are applying the setuid and setguid tags to must have
execute rights applied as well. Hope this helps.

Christopher Smiga
Web: www.geocities.com/csmiga
e-Mail: csmiga at yahoo.com