[SunHELP] Retransmit FTP

Will Mc Donald sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 18:13:16 CST 2001

Yep, the REST command is RESTart although the server daemon has to support
it too. Looking at the results of a quick Google confirms that it requires a
byte offset to resume from wherever it left off (which is why it's probably
easier to leave all that to the client).

http://www.freesoft.org/CIE/RFC/1123/64.htm

There are bucket loads of Winders clients that'll do auto-resuming, for Unix
try ncftp.

http://www.ncftpd.com/ncftp/

It has lots of nice, funky features like bookmarks, getting entire
subdirectories, spooling etc.

Will.