[SunHELP] about disk usage

DAUBIGNE Sebastien - BOR SDaubigne@bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 10:53:56 CST 2001

Maybe you have any FS mounted under /app. (e.g. /app/foo/bar).

To avoid "du" counting sub-FS, use the " -d " option.

du -sdk /app

---
Sebastien DAUBIGNE
sebastien.daubigne at sema.fr <mailto:sebastien.daubigne at sema.fr>  - (+33)
(0)5.57.26.56.36
Sema Global Services - AFM/DW/Pessac

	-----Message d'origine-----
	De:	Gani Salman [SMTP:gani at 1stwap.com]
	Date:	jeudi 27 dicembre 2001 04:51
	@:	sunhelp at sunhelp.org
	Objet:	[SunHELP] about disk usage

	Hi all,

	I have an E450 to maintain and I got this problem twice already. The
	problem is the output of two commands gave me a different result.

	kediri:/# du -ks /app
	4677918 /app

	kediri:/# df -k /app
	Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on
	/dev/md/dsk/d60      17313526 15857366 1283025    93%    /app

	I got this strange result only for this filesystem/slice. The others
	are working fine. Is it normal? If not, how can I fix it?

	Any information would be appreciated, thank you.

	-Gani-
	SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org