[SunHELP] Problem in loading driver...

DAUBIGNE Sebastien - BOR SDaubigne@bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 08:04:06 CST 2001

	Did you check "/usr/kernel/drv" ?

	---
	Sebastien DAUBIGNE
	sebastien.daubigne at sema.fr <mailto:sebastien.daubigne at sema.fr>  -
(+33) (0)5.57.26.56.36
	Sema Global Services - AFM/DW/Pessac

		-----Message d'origine-----
		De:	Amudhavalli  Narayanan
[SMTP:amudha at future.futsoft.com]
		Date:	lundi 24 dicembre 2001 07:38
		@:	sunhelp at sunhelp.org
		Objet:	[SunHELP] Problem in loading driver...

		Hi,
		I have developed a pseudo device driver for sun solaris and
it has some
		problems and hence the system crashes. Now I want to boot
the machine
		without my driver. But whenever boot is called the driver is
getting added
		and hence crashes again. Is there a way of adding the driver
from a
		directory other than /kernel/drv. If I go into the
maintanence mode, the
		system mounts the file system as read only and hence the
rem_drv fails. Can
		some one help me to find a way to avoid the crash during
boot after
		installing a problematic driver?

		Thanks,
		Amudha