[SunHELP] Solaris 8 init.d startup scripts

Scott Jonathan sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 26 18:18:45 CST 2001

Yes, I verified it ran correctly, given the right parameter, and all. It
seems to just not get called. Below is the script

#!/bin/sh
#Match ORACLE_HOME with whatever is in ~oracle/.profile!!!
ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/OraHome1

case "$1" in
'start')
       /usr/bin/su - oracle -c $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbstart
       /usr/bin/su - oracle -c "$ORACLE_HOME/bin/lsnrctl start"
       echo "blah!\n"

       exit 0
;;

'stop')
       /usr/bin/su - oracle -c "$ORACLE_HOME/bin/lsnrctl stop"
       /usr/bin/su - oracle -c $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbshut
       echo "blah blah!\n"

       exit 0
;;

*)