[SunHELP] Solaris 8 init.d startup scripts

Scott Jonathan sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 25 02:07:47 CST 2001

Hello!

I am having trouble getting an init.d startup script I made to get called.
The script works with the command "oracle start" and shutdowns properly
with "oracle stop". I have placed it inside /etc/init.d and given it proper
run permissions. I also made sure it was chown'ed root:sys.

I made a link "S97oracle" pointing to the file in /etc/rc3.d. Then I made a
link to it again as "K15oracle" in /etc/rc0.d.

When I reboot the machine, there is no reference to the script in the
messages file or syslog, and the program is not running. What gives? I cant
figure out why I cannot get it to start Oracle for me!

Hopefully someone can help!

JS