[SunHELP] SCSI Bus is hung ?

Jeff Feller sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Dec 22 23:44:54 CST 2001

Hello all,

The other night my Ultra 1 was shut down due to power failure and turned
back on within a second.  The bootup seemed fine.  I got the GUI login and
it actually locked up after I entered my login and hit enter.  So, after a
long wait, I hit Stop-A and did a reset.  Now, I turn it on and it says:

The SCSI bus is hung.  Perhaps an external device is turned off.

However, there has never been an external device.  Any suggestions?
probe-scsi and test scsi or whatever have unexpected errors.  This is my
file server so I hope the 9 GB drive with all the files on it aren't lost!

Any help would be greatly apprecaited.  Thanks.

Jeff Feller
BitZ Communications
1829 South Broadway, Suite 1
Minot, ND  58701