[SunHELP] Building a firewall with Linux 7.0

Martín Marqués sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 20 15:54:41 CST 2001

On Jue 20 Dic 2001 18:16, you wrote:
> Hi Gurus,
>
> I know that this group is mostly for Solaris, but I have a need for some
> help.
> My boss is putting me on a project to build a firewall using Linux and I
> really don't know where to stat after installing the Linux OS.
> If anybody have any experience with that please I could use some guidance
> or any links .

I think you're talking about RH 7.0 (or maybe SuSE). Check the ipchains or
iptables documentation. Those are the aplications you have to use to build
firewalling rules on Linux.

Saludos... :-)

--
Porqui usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podis usar PostgreSQL?
Martmn Marquis                  |        mmarques at unl.edu.ar
Programador, Administrador, DBA |       Centro de Telematica
                       Universidad Nacional
                            del Litoral