[SunHELP] var or not to var

Tim Longo sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 14 05:41:46 CST 2001

I was recently contacted by a sales person from a company called Direct
Midrange Systems, Inc (http://www.directmidrange.com/).  They sell Sun
equipment at a reduced rate, but are not an authorized Sun var.  They claim
that this is so they are not required to sell only Sun components.

We were planning to purchase a 280R/A1000 through an authorized Sun var, but
the quote I got from DMS was about $10k less.  My normal Sun var claims they
can't
even get the hardware for the DMS price quoted.  I have verified that all
components are new and genuine Sun on my quote from DMS.

So, I was wondering if anyone on this list has dealt with this company?

Thanks.