[SunHELP] issues with FTP and speed across LAN

Matt Lemsing sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 12 16:29:00 CST 2001

Hi all

we are having some problems with using FTP on our 3 suns boxes. I recently
locked down the servers and turned off services we dont need, but ftp is
still working its just very slow - like 1-2k a second across a LAN. Are
there any other services in /etc/inetd.conf that would affect the speed of
ftp transfters to or from the sun boxes..?

I am running Solaris 2.8 on e250's.

any help on this would be greatly appreciated before i go mad.

cheers.

Matt Lemsing
eBusiness Technical Manager

ResMed Corporation
97 Waterloo Rd, North Ryde,
New South Wales, 2113 Australia.
Tel: +61 2 9886 5554 Fax: +61 2 9878 6815