[SunHELP] Problems with Network booting

Kohler Benjamin sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 10 04:17:26 CST 2001

Hello,
I want to install a Installserver. I read the Installation-
instructions in the Advanced Installation Guide of Solaris 8.
First i hade setup the install server with with the
setup_install_server script from the Software 1 CD
to /export/install. After I add the Software 2 CD with
the add_to_install_server script.
After this, i run the setup_install_server -b /export/install/boot.
After this, I think the boot and installserver are ready to run.
After this I add a client with
add_install_client -s install_server1:/export/install client_to_install
sun4u
With this script the are new entries in /etc/bootparams and the inetboot
file
for the sunuu architecutre is copy to /tftboot.
The in.tftpd runs.
But know beginns the problem. When I type at the client to install boot net,

nothing do.
Any hints? Or RTFM?
And sorry for my horrible english!

cu
benj

Benjamin Kohler / benjamin.kohler at vpbank.com
Information Technology / Network + Systems Engineering
Verwaltungs- und Privat-Bank AG / http://www.vpbank.com
- GNU GPL: "The source will be with you... always." -