[SunHELP] Core dumped in _malloc_unlocked and realloconSolaris 8

Libor Chocholaty sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 7 12:20:41 CST 2001

> > c++ -g -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X/lib -L/usr/local/OB-3.3.4-woJTC/lib -lnsl
> > -lsocket -o code/com/am_send_cmd code/obj/date.o code/obj/am_shutdown.o
> > code/lib/am_client_lib.a code/lib/gn_lib.a code/lib/machine_lib.a
> > code/lib/odin_base.a code/lib/convert_lib.a
> >  -lOB -lCosNaming  -lstdc++
>
> What's wrong with this picture?  This is a multi-threaded
> program, right?  If so, you need to define _REENTRANT and
> to link against either libthread.so or libpthread.so.

I am sorry, this program was multithreaded but it was not necessary so I
removed compiling as multithreaded and lines above it was a result of this
effort. But the behaviour is always the same as I compiled it with
-D_REENTRANT and -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS and linked it against
libpthread.so. I red that problem with _malloc_unlocked occures only in
multithreaded applications but I have it in sigle threaded application too.

Regards, Libor Chocholaty