[SunHELP] mingetty

Martín Marqués sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 6 15:33:58 CST 2001

On Jue 06 Dic 2001 18:30, you wrote:
> Mart?n Marqu?s wrote:
> > Now, I know that I don't have mingetty, but is there a way of making
> > something like this work on a Solaris SPARC Workstation?
>
> AFAIK this is not available on solaris.  you might try installing screen
> if you haven't already; this will let you run multiple virtual terminals
> in one.
>
> you can d/l it from the freeware site if your machine doesn't already
> have it.

How come other UNIXs such as SCO had this and Solaris doesn't? How difficult
would it be to manage it?
The tty devices exist, and there are two solutions (don't know if any of them
would work), download and try to compile mingetty and see if it works, or try
to make this work with /bin/tty (any difference with mingetty?)

--
Porqui usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podis usar PostgreSQL?
Martmn Marquis                  |        mmarques at unl.edu.ar
Programador, Administrador, DBA |       Centro de Telematica
                       Universidad Nacional
                            del Litoral