[SunHELP] SunPCI problems

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 6 13:23:39 CST 2001

Hello

I got a SunPCi board in last night. It's a first gen 300mhz with 64mb on
board. I installed it into my Sun Blade 100 and installed version 1.3 of the
software. However not all is joy just yet.

First the bios is at rev .043. This may be the source of some of my driver
issues, so I'd like to update it. However when I use the flash program I get
this error:

"This prom is protected. This can only be unprotected in a prom programmer."

What the fsck can I do about this? Or do I need to get a different prom for
this card?

The other issues I am running into are that the mouse and video drivers
provided by the sunpci software kit do not seem to be acting right - The
mouse still needs to attached in the my meta-m and the video driver gives an
error on startup but if you try to change it from the VGA/16color driver to
the sun workstation screen driver it BSOD's.

I've found a couple of patches on Sunsolve for the 1.3 software, but the
descriptions don't seem to match these issues. Any hints, tips, or tricks
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

William