[SunHELP] Ultra5/10 hardware question

Greg sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 5 11:28:16 CST 2001

On 12/05/01 05:33 AM, Hichael Morton wrote:

> Silly me!
>
> When I asked Sun Support (1-800-USA-4-SUN) about adding a larger hard
> drive, they told me that I needed to update the PROM as well as have the
> appropriate OS & patches.
>
> I guess Sun has no idea of what they are talking about, huh?

In that case, no.

Was that for a mainstream Ultra machine or one of the OEM systems?  I
think the answer might actually be different for the OEM reference
boards.  But none of the mainstream Ultra boxes require a prom upgrade
for larger IDE disks (Ultra 5,
Ultra 10, Sun Blade 100).

Feel free to scan the README file for the Ultra 5/10 PROM Upgrade patch
and look through the list of fixed bugs.  Let us know if any apply to
larger hard drives.

-greg