[SunHELP] help on script writing

Alex Avriette sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 5 07:17:31 CST 2001

I agree with the previous answerers with regards to using sudo for this.
However, in general when one needs to interact with a program through a
shell script, expect(1) is used. Below is the header from the manpage.
Interestingly, I cannot find expect on any of my solaris (5.8) machines here
at work, though it is present on one of my clients' linux machines (RH6.2).

Cheers,
alex

EXPECT(1)                                               EXPECT(1)

NAME
       expect  -  programmed  dialogue with interactive programs,
       Version 5

--
alex j. avriette
perl hacker.