[SunHELP] Network configuration is not working properly

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 3 21:14:13 CST 2001

Hello

I added new workstation Ultra60 on our development environment. Since it was
used at other place, it had totally different ipaddress in interface. So I
used

interface hme0 192.xxx.xxx.xx

interface hme0 down
interface hme0 up

I also edited default gateway by editting
/etc/defaultrouter

IP address was changed, and I could telnet to other server without any
problem.
However, when I rebooted, the workstation has set diffrent IP address.
Moreover, OS set default gateway, that I have not wrote at
/etc/defaultrouter.

Currently this workstaion can not join network by itself unless someone
change network configuration manually.

I want IP address to be kept saved though the workstation were rebooted, and
gateway should be set as I edited at /etc/defaultrouter.

How can I do it?

Excuse me if this question is simple.